Used Environment: VS 2013 Update 1, Entity Framework 6, ASP.NET Web API 2, jTable 2.4.0...
In this article, we will implement jQuery DataTables with ASP.NET Web API 2 OData Services for creating table listings and effective searching, sorting and pagination.
Used Environment: VS 2013 Update 1, Entity Framework 6, ASP.NET MVC 5, jQuery DataTables 1.9.4, jQuery DataTables OData connector
We will follow these steps to implement carousel:
1. Create a method to get image path, title and summary from database using EF.
2. Call the above method in AngularJS and set response to property.
3. Use <carousel>,<slide> elements with the bindings in the view to display carousel.
This article explains how to create cascading dropdownlists with AngularJS, Entity Framework Database First approach in ASP.NET MVC.
We are going to implement Country, State dropdownlists.
1. Assuming you have added “ADO.NET Entity Data Model“(.edmx) in the project for your database. Consider the following structure in edmx:
This article explains how to display all ModelState errors (like validationsummary) in ASP.NET MVC using AngularJS.
I am using ASP.NET MVC > Internet application template in VS2012 for this post.
Install Angularjs Nuget package by running following command in package manager console:
In my previous article, we have implemented form validation including username availability Check with AngularJS. Now we will use ASP.NET MVC’s AntiForgeryToken to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) Attacks. It generates a hidden form field (anti-forgery token) that is validated when the form is submitted. I see some tutorials, but I want to do in AngularJS way....
ASP.NET MVC 4 web application allows users to log in from an external provider, such as Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft or Google and then integrate into your web application. Some OAuth/OpenId providers like Facebook, Google allow to access email. This article explains how to save the email in your database.
Before implementing, first lets consider following points:
1. User name is different from Email.
2. Email might be different for different providers.
3. Email is optional(some external provider like twitter doesn’t allow to access email).
This article explores how to implement realtime Google and Bing Maps based on XML file changes by external system. It can be used in many ways like to track and display real-time position of bus, train or flight in the maps.
1. Assuming the external system inserts current location in XML file.
2. The .NET FileSystemWatcher object is used to monitor XML File changes. When a location is inserted, the FileSystemWatcher fires an event to notify that a change has occurred.
3. On change event, the current location is passed to client using SignalR
4. The map is updated by client side code.
In this post, we will add JSON data to Sql Server tables using ASP.NET Web API, JSON.NET and SqlBulkCopy. The data is posted using jQuery ajax to web api which accepts JObject type argument, parse data, arrange data in the required table structure and save to database. Here is the structure of JSON and SQL Server tables....
In my previous post, we created Facebook style wall posts and comments system. In this post, we will implement real time notification when any new post or comment is added and display it on notification click using Knockout JS and SignalR. You might think .. Why notification? Why not to display in real time? If we display it in real time, It will irritate users. Suppose you are reading a post middle of the page, suddenly few new posts appear on top then the post you are reading go down and you have to scroll down to find where it is. That’s why in twitter or Stackoverflow,the notification is used when any new post is arrived and you can check them on notification click. We will implement the same thing for both posts and comments....