Facebook home page displays a collage of random profile photos which makes it something special. So I decided to implement the same thing in ASP.NET. In this tutorial, we will do following things:
1. To get random image names from database using Entity Framework Database First approach.
2. Calculate the total needed images for a given width and height. Assuming all profile images have same size.
3. Combine multiple images into collage using C# graphics
4. Add borders to differentiate images
5. Create linear horizontal opacity gradient for the collage and add it in a page similar to Facebook.
Today, Social media is a great way to promote websites, blogs, apps and events. For a website, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ widgets become must have parts to get public interaction, generate traffic. If you add Facebook Like box, twitter status and Google+ widget in your web page, it takes too much spaces and it makes webpage too complex. So, alternate is to use icons only and on mouse over display corresponding widget. To attract user, make these icons fixed floated.
It’s not about copy and paste Facebook page link into profile options. I see some Facebook profiles having their page list in left side bar. So, I decided to add my TechBrij page to my profile in left side bar. If you are a Facebook page owner and want to show or hide your Facebook page link with your profile, See following steps:
I am working to redesign TechBrij theme and taking idea from different sites. Here are some points which I learned from Facebook design.
Microsoft Montage is a web-based application that takes your search terms and transforms them into a magazine-style page.
1. You can design your Montage around any topic you can imagine by adding content that pulls information from a variety of sources, including RSS feeds, Twitter, Bing News, and YouTube.
Social media services like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, YouTube, Flicker, Orkut..etc allow user to share data, content and information. Almost all Social Media services provide some sort of Application Programming Interface, or API, that allows outside parties to build a product or app of an existing service. Here are the popular social media services APIs and sample wrapper for .NET developers.