Today, Social media is a great way to promote websites, blogs, apps and events. For a website, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ widgets become must have parts to get public interaction, generate traffic. If you add Facebook Like box, twitter status and Google+ widget in your web page, it takes too much spaces and it makes webpage too complex. So, alternate is to use icons only and on mouse over display corresponding widget. To attract user, make these icons fixed floated.
How To Add:
1. Open “Social Slider Generator” page from here:
2. Enter Facebook fan page URL, Twitter user name and Google+ Page ID.
It’s not mandatory to enter all fields, If you want to add only Facebook and twitter, enter Facebook and twitter information only and leave Google+ ID blank.
3. Click on ‘Grab the Code‘ button, copy generated code and paste it before </body> tag in your page.
4. If you are getting error: jQuery is undefined or $ is undefined, it means jQuery is not available.
For WordPress blog, Put the following code in your header.php file in the <head> section:
before following line:
For a simple website, add following line in HTML head tag:
5. It’s compatible with the latest browsers. It might not work with older browsers.
It’s really a great widget, more attractive with less web page space. you can ask me what it means to be careful. One thing you need to keep in mind before using this widget…what???
If you are using Google Adsense in your website, Widget must not cover any part of adsense unit.
Otherwise It violets adsense policies.
Here’s what it says in the Program Policies…
“Google ads, search boxes or search results may not be… Obscured by elements on a page.”
The thinking is that if you place a navigation element over an ad, an accidental click could be generated.
If you want to use it, use Google leaderboard ad unit in header or footer OR ads in right side bar.
Enjoy Social Digital Life !!!