You might want to read following posts:
25 Free Online Tools for Web Design and Development
- Autogrow – auto-growing textareas(as the user types it will expand vertically to accommodate the size of the entry).
- BlockUI – simulate synchronous behavior when using AJAX, without locking the browser(generally use for pop up, dialog).
- ckEditor – rich text and WYSIWYG editor.
- ClueTip – show a fancy tooltip when the user’s mouse hovers over (or, optionally, clicks on) any element.
- ContextMenu – to create context (right-click) menus.
- Downloadify – download of text files without server interaction.
- Flot chart – produces graphical plots of arbitrary datasets on-the-fly client-side having interactive features like zooming and mouse tracking.
- HoverIntent – To delay or prevent the accidental firing of animations or ajax calls.
- Infinite Scroll – pre-fetching content from a subsequent page and adding it directly to the user’s current page similar to Facebook.
- jEditable – inplace editor plugin for jQuery.
- jHtmlArea – WYSIWYG HTML Editor for jQuery(lightweight and easily customizable).
- jqGrid – for representing and manipulating tabular data (client side grid).
- jqPlot – plotting and charting plugin.
- jQuery Cookie – lightweight jQuery plugin for reading, writing and deleting cookies.
- jQuery Form – jQuery Form Plugin allows you to easily and unobtrusively upgrade HTML forms to use AJAX.
- jQuery UI – to build highly interactive web applications with rich effects, animations, widgets..etc.
- jsTree – cross browser tree component.
- Masked Input – allows a user to more easily enter fixed width and format input.
- Multiple File Upload – select multiple files for uploading quickly.
- MultiSelect – Multi Select Dropdowns.
- PrettyPhoto – lightbox clone. Not only supports images, but also for videos, flash, YouTube, iframes and ajax.
- ptTimeSelect – To select Time from timepicker.
- ScrollTo – Easy element scrolling using jQuery.
- Turnjs – Flip book (Page Curl) effect.
- uploadify – to upload multiple files.
- Validation – simple client-side form validation.
- Modernizr – Taking advantage of the new capabilities of HTML5 and CSS3 in older browsers.
- excanvas – HTML5 Canvas for Internet Explorer.
- html5shiv – to enable use of HTML5 sectioning elements in legacy Internet Explorer.
- IE9.js – make Microsoft Internet Explorer behave like a standards-compliant browser.
Share your opinion or suggestion and let us know about other must know plugin(s) you think should be included.