You might want to read following posts:
25 Free Online Tools for Web Design and Development
Top 22 Firefox Add-ons for Web Designers & Developers
- Autogrow – auto-growing textareas(as the user types it will expand vertically to accommodate the size of the entry).
- BlockUI – simulate synchronous behavior when using AJAX, without locking the browser(generally use for pop up, dialog).
- ckEditor – rich text and WYSIWYG editor.
- ClueTip – show a fancy tooltip when the user’s mouse hovers over (or, optionally, clicks on) any element.
- ContextMenu – to create context (right-click) menus.
- Downloadify – download of text files without server interaction.
- Flot chart – produces graphical plots of arbitrary datasets on-the-fly client-side having interactive features like zooming and mouse tracking.
- HoverIntent – To delay or prevent the accidental firing of animations or ajax calls.
- Infinite Scroll – pre-fetching content from a subsequent page and adding it directly to the user’s current page similar to Facebook.
- jEditable – inplace editor plugin for jQuery.
- jHtmlArea – WYSIWYG HTML Editor for jQuery(lightweight and easily customizable).
- jqGrid – for representing and manipulating tabular data (client side grid).
- jqPlot – plotting and charting plugin.
- jQuery Cookie – lightweight jQuery plugin for reading, writing and deleting cookies.
- jQuery Form – jQuery Form Plugin allows you to easily and unobtrusively upgrade HTML forms to use AJAX.
- jQuery UI – to build highly interactive web applications with rich effects, animations, widgets..etc.
- jsTree – cross browser tree component.
- Masked Input – allows a user to more easily enter fixed width and format input.
- Multiple File Upload – select multiple files for uploading quickly.
- MultiSelect – Multi Select Dropdowns.
- PrettyPhoto – lightbox clone. Not only supports images, but also for videos, flash, YouTube, iframes and ajax.
- ptTimeSelect – To select Time from timepicker.
- ScrollTo – Easy element scrolling using jQuery.
- Turnjs – Flip book (Page Curl) effect.
- uploadify – to upload multiple files.
- Validation – simple client-side form validation.
- Modernizr – Taking advantage of the new capabilities of HTML5 and CSS3 in older browsers.
- excanvas – HTML5 Canvas for Internet Explorer.
- html5shiv – to enable use of HTML5 sectioning elements in legacy Internet Explorer.
- IE9.js – make Microsoft Internet Explorer behave like a standards-compliant browser.
Share your opinion or suggestion and let us know about other must know plugin(s) you think should be included.
Infinite Scroll is really awesome.. whatever might be the case jQuery is the best thing that had happened to the web