Microsoft Montage is a web-based application that takes your search terms and transforms them into a magazine-style page.
1. You can design your Montage around any topic you can imagine by adding content that pulls information from a variety of sources, including RSS feeds, Twitter, Bing News, and YouTube.2. The service allows you to create a digital scrapbook page, curating a particular topic, as illustrated by this YouTube video by Montage.
3. Your Montage is presented in a widgetized and highly customizable grid layout. It’s easy, intuitive and fun to get started. You can choose from several pre-defined layouts or modify the existing one by deleting items, moving items via drag & drop, and changing the content of each item.
4. Montages can be easily shared via Facebook and Twitter, letting you share your content with friends, family, or anybody with similar interests.
5. Your imagination is the only limit to what topic you use to create a Montage—anything from movies to sports to robots. Montage gives you insight into any topic you choose that can take you as deep as you want to go.
Steps to Use:
1. First you need to enter a keyword or topic, and Montage will scour the web and pluck out news articles, images, videos, Twitter feeds and so on, based on the topic.
2. The content is then arranged on the page in a grid format — you get to choose the exact layout.
3. Once content has been sourced, users can edit the ‘magazine’ by adding or removing sections, changing keywords for individual panels, and so on.
4. When the editing part is done, we are able to tag our visual scrapbook, share it with our Facebook and Twitter networks and then publish it to a unique web page.
Other similar Apps: Flipboard for iPad , PostPost and Paper.li
Share your thought on this in the comment box.