This tutorial explains the following things in ASP.NET MVC:
1. How to upload multiple files using HTML5 multiple file input with additional model data.
2. How to save files to a specific path on the server (Not in database).
3. How to allow to upload file with same name. Different users can upload files with same name.
4. How to download the uploaded file.
5. How to manage files in edit mode.
6. How to use Entity Framework for CRUD operations with parent child table structure.
In my recent post, I explained how to implement a decoupled, unit-testable, N tier architecture based on Generic Repository Pattern with Entity Framework, IoC Container and Dependency Injection in ASP.NET MVC, then I got feedback against the repository/Unit of Work pattern. On googling, I found some more posts:
Say No to the Repository Pattern in your DAL
Repositories On Top UnitOfWork Are Not a Good Idea
Why Entity Framework renders the Repository pattern obsolete?
Entity Framework already implements a repository pattern. Implementing another layer on top of this is not only redundant, but makes maintenance harder. You might want to mock your Entity Framework context rather than using the repository pattern. This post explains how you can implement N Layered app without repository/unit of work pattern on top of EF.
In my previous post, I created models, repository and service layer. Now we will implement CRUD operations using these layers and setup Autofac IoC Container.
I would recommend you to read previous post first if you have not read.
In this post, we will see how to implement a decoupled, unit-testable, N tier architecture based on Generic Repository Pattern with Entity Framework, IoC Container and Dependency Injection in ASP.NET MVC. We will implement a sample application step by step for the same.
In my previous tutorial, we implemented to save Geolocation (latitude, longitude) in Geography data type column in Sql Server. Now, we will get the nearest N places from the current geo-location of user.
In this article, we will implement to save current geo-location(latitude, longitude) of user in Sql Server Geography data type column using Entity framework and ASP.NET Web Form.
We will follow these steps to implement carousel:
1. Create a method to get image path, title and summary from database using EF.
2. Call the above method in AngularJS and set response to property.
3. Use <carousel>,<slide> elements with the bindings in the view to display carousel.
This article explains how to create cascading dropdownlists with AngularJS, Entity Framework Database First approach in ASP.NET MVC.
We are going to implement Country, State dropdownlists.
1. Assuming you have added “ADO.NET Entity Data Model“(.edmx) in the project for your database. Consider the following structure in edmx:
Facebook home page displays a collage of random profile photos which makes it something special. So I decided to implement the same thing in ASP.NET. In this tutorial, we will do following things:
1. To get random image names from database using Entity Framework Database First approach.
2. Calculate the total needed images for a given width and height. Assuming all profile images have same size.
3. Combine multiple images into collage using C# graphics
4. Add borders to differentiate images
5. Create linear horizontal opacity gradient for the collage and add it in a page similar to Facebook.